Granite Credit Union
We were forwarded a decent set of both fixed rate and adjustable rate mortgage offers coming out of Granite Credit Union of Salt Lake City, Utah.
And since they were beating the current national average by a decent margin, we thought we’d quickly cover not only the mortgage rates provided by them but also dig into their history and who they are as well.
About Granite Credit Union:
Granite Credit Union, founded in the mid-80′s, is now within the top 10 largest banking institutions in the state of Utah (by asset size and membership). As of 2012, they have a little over $340 million in total assets and a little over 30, 000 members. They have an A+ rating on the BBB (Better Business Bureau) with zero registered complaints in the last 12 months.
- 15 year fixed rate mortgage with interest rate of 4.250% and APY of 4.586%.
- 30 year fixed rate mortgage with interest rate of 5.00% and APY of 5.20%.
- 3/1 ARM (adjustable rate mortgage) with interest rate of 4.250% and APY of 4.55%.
- 5/1 ARM (adjustable rate mortgage) with interest rate of 4.625% and APY of 4.825%.
- 7/1 ARM (adjustable rate mortgage) with interest rate of 5.125% and APY of 5.325%.
Compare with Today’s Lowest Mortgage Rates in your Area Below:
How to join?
1) Join Granite Credit Union by filling out our online membership application (@ Granite.org).
2) To open an account at a branch office, you must bring:
- Government issued ID and another form of ID
- A document showing a social security number such as Social Security Card, a copy of a Social Security Card, or a payroll stub.
Parents of man killed in rope swing accident warn of dangers
10-year-old boy dies after motocross accident
Credit union branch manager charged with swiping $34K